To do in Torrevieja
There is plenty to experience in Torrevieja – or you can just relax on the beach. You can visit the salt lakes to see flamingos and other bird life. Or have an adventure at Aquopolis with water slides and pools. Take a boat tour to the island of Tabarca. If you are into golfing there are several courses around Torrevieja. For shopping you can explore the Habaneras Shopping Centre. Or maybe you will enjoy the Friday Market or the Craft Market?
- Local buses: Here is a map showing the local bus lines in Torrevieja (pdf). For more info, see here. Check out the Costa Azul app for Android and iOS (iPhone).
- Airport bus: Here is info about the Alicante airport bus. Check out the Costa Azul app for Android and iOS (iPhone). Torrevieja bus terminal is 1 km from the apartment.
- Taxi: You can also use taxi. The two bigger ones, Tele Taxi Torrevieja (Android iOS iPhone) and Radio Taxi Torrevieja (Android), have apps.
See and do
In and around Torrevieja you will find
- Beaches, the nearest one is Playa del Cura.
- Water lands, Aquopolis and Aquapark Flamingo.
- General shopping, see here and here.
- Grocery store during day time, nearest is open to 21:00 (180m, closed on Sundays). More stores here.
- Grocery stores during night time open 24 hours (650m), open to 01:30 (450m). But those opening hours may change.
- Wine tasting, in Torrevieja here & here or outside here & here
- Real submarine museum (Tripadvisor).
- Other museums
- Salt lakes.
- Popular things to do.
- Local happenings.
- Activities for kids and youngsters.
- Boat tours.
- Golf, see here and here.
- Hiking, walks and running.
- Rent a bike.
- Gyms (nearest one 240m).
- Torrevieja Sports City 50 m long Olympic pool with 8 lanes, 2 outdoor pools (June-September), tennis courts, squash courts, paddle tennis courts, gymnasium, fitness and aerobic groups, fronton courts for pelota, rowing (in Torrevieja Bay), facilities for team sports like basketball, soccer, athletics, handball, gymnastics, rugby, volleyball and martial arts. See location on Google Maps.
- And much more…
- Tourist information and events calendar in Spanish, English, Swedish and Russian: Torrevieja.com.
- Also try the Torrevieja City Guide app for Android and iOS (iPhone).
- Maybe also check popular things to do at Tripadvisor.
- Tourist information offices are here.
- There are also pharmacies, health centers, hospitals and police stations.
In a emergency, call 112.
A video about Torrevieja in Spanish, to get you in the right mood 🙂
Here is a film by Alegria International Real Estate from Playa del Cura, the beach located 50 m from the apartment. It gives a good picture of how the beach looks at high season in July and August. The beach has public restrooms, also for disabled people. The beach is shallow so it is safe to swim even far out. There are also life guards, should something go wrong.
This one shows things to see and do around Torrevieja.
For even more videos, click here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=torrevieja